SHIPPING & RETURNS
We can ship your order to virtually any address in Australia or overseas, although restrictions do apply to some products.
This website calculates shipping charges automatically during the checkout process. For large and commercial quantities please call us as we may be able to offer better rates. We reserve the right to alter the calculated shipping charges for large, heavy or bulky items or for customers located in remote parts of Australia. See below for more details.
- Orders placed and confirmed prior to 12:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) will normally ship from our warehouse, within 2 – 4 business days, pending stock availability.
Expedited shipping is available by special arrangement and extra charges may apply. Please call us to check stock levels if your order is needed urgently.
Delivery Time Frames
For most ‘major city-metro’ locations within Australia you should expect to receive your order within five business days once dispatched, although 3 days is possible for Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane metro locations. Remote locations could take longer.
International customers should expect to receive their order in 7-10 business days after dispatch. Note that some locations may take longer.
All orders are sent with tracking and you will be emailed a tracking link when your order is dispatched. Please contact us if your order is not received in a reasonable time frame for us to investigate directly with the freight company.
Large, Bulky or Heavy Items
Deliveries of large, bulky or heavy orders may be subject to additional freight charges. We will contact you prior to dispatching your order if necessary for the payment of any additional fee, or a full refund if you choose not to proceed.
Deliveries to non-metropolitan locations within Australia may be subject to additional freight charges. We will contact you prior to dispatching your order for the payment of any additional fees if applicable. You may elect to cancel your order and to receive a full refund if you choose not to proceed.
Boat Help Australia uses a number of freight companies including Fastway Courier, Direct Freight and Australia Post. The company we use for your order depends upon:
- Your delivery address
- The physical size of your order
The Customer shall inspect the Goods on delivery and shall within seven (7) days of delivery (time being of the essence) notify Boat Help Australia of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. The Customer shall afford Boat Help Australia an opportunity to inspect the Goods within a reasonable time following delivery if the Customer believes the Goods are defective in any way. If the Customer shall fail to comply with these provisions the Goods shall be presumed to be free from any defect or damage.
For defective Goods, which Boat Help Australia has agreed in writing that the Customer is entitled to reject, Boat Help Australia’s liability is limited to either (at our discretion) replacing the Goods or repairing the Goods except where the Customer has acquired Goods as a consumer within the meaning of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CWlth) or the Fair Trading Acts of the relevant state or territories of Australia, and is therefore also entitled to, at the consumer’s discretion either a refund of the purchase price of the Goods, or repair of the Goods, or replacement of the Goods.
Boat Help Australia shall not be responsible for any labour charges incurred in replacing any defective Goods. Boat Help Australia will not be liable for Goods which have not been stored or used in a proper manner.
In all instances please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you need to return. We will respond with instructions for how to return items from your order.
Products can be returned for exchange/store credit within 30 days of delivery, or a full refund within 7 days of delivery. Note that all returns are subject to a restocking/admin fee of 15%. Goods must be in new, unused condition and in original packaging. Goods will be inspected upon return and refunds or credit for exchange processed within 7 days.
The Returns Form should be downloaded, completed and included with all returns.
- Returned goods must be in their original packaging with a copy of the Invoice and a completed Returns/Exchange Form.
- Return shipping charges shall be met by the purchaser.
- Goods must be in their original packaging and must be unused.
- After 30 days from Order shipment date, we can not process returns for exchange, replacement or credit to your account.
- Original shipping fees are not refundable, unless the return is due to our error.
You should receive your refund within five working days of us receiving your returned items. Note that refunds will be credited to your credit card, Paypal account, Afterpay account etc. depending on your original payment method.
Items that Cannot be Returned
- Items Registered to the User (eg., EPIRBs)
- Custom order items
- Specials/Sale/Clearance items
- Any items which have been damaged due to improper installation or operation.
- Marine Electronics (including radios, chart plotters etc) are not returnable unless a manufacturing defect exists (as deemed by our technicians). Please choose carefully!
- Special or custom order items, or items that have been customised, cut to a length or otherwise altered at the customer’s request cannot be returned. This includes cut lengths of chain, rope and hose.